Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just One Star

In March, Deonn (my Salt Lake City roommate of loooong ago) posted about the Just One Star quilt project by Moda.  In honor of Deonn's son, I made ten quilt blocks for the project.  As I create this post, I'm realizing that I was supposed to use cream fabrics for the background and not just light fabrics.  Oops!  Do you think they'll still use them?

Here are four of the ten blocks that I made.

This was the best quilting service project ever because I got to send these off for someone else to trim, sew together, sandwich, quilt and bind!  Here's what the finished quilts are going to look like.

 Click here for source

By the way, back in the day, Deonn taught me how to speed sew - pin and sew lots of stuff in assembly line fashion.  She also taught me how to do a wicked peacock call.  Ask me to do it for you next time you see me!  If you can't wait that long, watch this - to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment